Sunday, September 11, 2011

Like it was yesterday...

 I still see those images in my mind, I can still remember what I was doing the exact moment that our terror began. I thought this morning I would wake up and blog about my thoughts on this, the 10 year anniversary of Sept 11, then I clicked ahead to visit my favorite blogs and there it was...

 Anna from An inch of gray lost her precious child in the flooding of Virginia. How tragic to lose a child, it's unspeakable, it's unimaginable. His life was just starting. How does this happen? His school pictures were just posted, Such a beautiful boy. I am heart broken and just gutted over this news. I don't know Anna, but I read her blog. Please say some prayers for this family as they try to cope with such a horrible loss. Jack was just 12 years old. This family needs all the love, prayers and support you can muster up. As I read all the comments, It is clearly evident that all her friends need the love, prayers and support as well as they grieve for their dear friend.


Please visit the blog of Kate at  The Big Piece of Cake, to see others who have been moved to write for or about Anna. 


 If you would like to do something in the way of a donation, I have heard that the family has requested they be made to Samaritan's Purse.




3 comments:

  1. It must have been a shock. Anna is so funny and creative...to visit her looking for that and then find something so awful... I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so quiet since I heard the devastating news from Kate.

    I just can't seem to get beyond it.

    I had only discovered Anna a month ago, from Kate Coveny, and instantly fell in love with her style, her wit.

    And I just can't believe this is her life right now.

    I can't.

    Thank you for posting on this.

    I did, also.

    ReplyDelete